Monday 7 May 2012

Q3.What have you learned from your audience feedback? Tyler Mason

After finishing creating my horror magazine cover , I decided to get feed back from my potential audience about the product. To do so I advertised it on 3 platforms.First of all I sent a BC on blackberry service BBM and then I went on to post it on to social networking sites such as Facebook and twitter. Facebook provided the most feed back quickly and possible as it allowed the audience to see the product instantly with out having to click on alternate links and it appeared directly on the live feed so it was available to see by all my friends on facebook. It was fortunate that I had over 2000 friends on Facebook as it mean that more people were available to view the image.
One of the main criticisms I received for the magazine cover was that there was not enough images on the page and that the main image was not strong enough to stand alone by its self.I agree and disagree with this I think that it goes against the convention of a horror magazine to cluster the page with other images how ever the magazine cover could do with a bit more filling out as there is a lot of space. I think I could have added more headings and tittles and make it look less spacious.Also  I should have placed my image in the center of the page not to the left or right hand side this way it would have allowed me to add subheadings on both left and right hand side of the page and would not have put a limit on my creativity and given me much more space to work with.
A positive was that people liked the colour scheme many members of the audience felt that the colours were a good representative of the genre which is good as that means its clearly visible to people that it is a horror magazine and that is the main thing I was attempting to portray.How ever looking back on it I think I could of spent a bit more time making sure all the colours were exactly the same. For example the  colour used for the subheading "God Of War" is a brighter red then used in the other subheadings a consequence of this is that it stands out a bit to much and is very visible.I did not notice this until it was pointed out in my audience feedback. In hindsight I should have made sure all colour were the same on photo shop, how ever it was only a minor mishaps and I personal don't feel it has much affect on the final product.
Also quite a lot of people liked the use of synergy of the sub heading 3:15 having seen the poster and trailer as well they like how we used that as an icon to represent the product.Many people were satisfied with the font sizes in proportion to each other and stated that you could clearly see that 3.15 was the main focus which was the main goal so I was happy with that.
Most people seem to have liked the title and have said it looks very professional and was alongside the tag line and slogan used.

No comments:

Post a Comment